Re: property-bag-item-handler

Hi Jacob,

On 16 Jul 2001, jacob berkman wrote:
> this is a nice bit of code i have in the file-sel, and it seems useful
> enough to put into gnome 2 (somewhere).  so i figured i'd send it here
> for some thoughts.

        It looks extremely pleasant to me - good work.

> anyway, the idea is you can activate something with a moniker like this:
>
> OAFIID:GNOME_FileSelector!Application=bug-buddy;MultipleSelection=False
>
> and so on, and it will set the properties on a property bag you pass it.

        This is nice; '!' is currently the 'Item' moniker which is used
for traversing the ItemContainer hierarchy.

        I suggest that we tack this onto the end - perhaps as an extender
for the '!' moniker, such that if it is not possible to retreive and
ItemContainer from the parent, we grab a PropertyBag instead and apply the
string section as properties instead using your code.

        How does that sound ? are you interested in hacking that up inside
libbonobo/monikers ? I'm a bit short of time, but it's a really nice
feature.