Re: Free memory reading [Resend]

Hi JP,

On 13 Jul 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:
> Found in a purify run - patch attached should fix it.

        The problem is with the patch, that we duplicate in a single line,
what might be [ and often is ] a huge in-memory tree'd structure. In
reality we want to hide this from the user at all costs - so we need
instead to fix bonobo_ui_node_strip, to knobble all the invalid pointers
that get left lying around so we have a clean node structure.

        Is that possible from your backtrace ? it should be just a matter
of indentifying the type of nodes that are invalid, and clobbering the
duff pointers in the strip function [ or removing unused nodes altogether
]. Do you have time for that ? or can you send me the logs so I can have a
go [1]

[1] - hard / slow to verify I solved the problem then though 8)