Re: [Re: BonoboUI: Stock items?]

Michael Meeks wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Another point that seems to be relevant to this At the moment the XML
> > contains a <cmd> nod for menu items and another <cmd> node for toolbar
> > items. But they generally contain identical information because
> > toolbar items are just a shortcut to menu items. One <cmd> node can be
> > used for both a menu itema and a toolbar item, BUT the toolbar item
> > won't have it's "_" underscores parsed out. I have not yet confirmed
> > whether this is still a problem with GNOME2 libbonoboui.
>
>         It has always been intended, and is often the case that toolbar
> and menu items share the same <cmd> node: that's the point. As regards
> accelerators, they have to be part of the view not the command - since
> they are highly context specific.

Yes, looking again I see that the _label attribute for the <cmd> can be
overriden in the <menuitem>. But this doesn't therefore seem like the
best way to specify the accelerator, because the _label will be the same
as the _label in <cmd> apart from one "_" character.

I assume that by 'view' you somehow mean the <menuitem> nodes. I'm not
sure what you mean by context-specific here.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com