Re: Bonobo UI stuff

On 8 Jul 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
>
> > > I think there should also be a way to put references to "local" images
> > > into the XML instead of encoding the whole image.
> >
> > I see no particular reason to restrict this to "local" images....why
> > don't we use URIs instead? For example, my DAV server is pretty much as
> > fast as my local filesystem (since its running through local loopback
> > when I'm at my home system).
>
> Yeah, that'd be even better.

Well, if we went with URIs there would be no 'local' distinction - you
would just have pointers to things.

> Actually, I'm wondering whether it'd make sense to have some BonoboImageFactory
> object and store reference to that factory + image name in the XML.

One "issue" here is that it might be nice to have it use gnome-vfs, so
that if we do at some point add the webdav capability we won't be directly
pulling in neon but it would be done by gnome-vfs so all gnome apps would
get webdav access easily...

> --
> Martin Baulig
> martin gnome org (private)