Project with BONOBO

Hi everybody!
I am a student of Computer Science and I have to do a project to finish
my degree. I am new in this of BONOBO but I had an idea and I don't know
that it is possible to do it. I want to do a BONOBO component that it
can be able to recognize the voice and run commands with this
recognizeing words, in a modest way of course, only the comands of the
menus , like Open, Save,Print,...
I don't know if I'm explaining it in a proper way,the idea is, to
control any program that includes my component by voice.
I can not explain better, I am spanish and my english is not so good, I
am sorry.
I only want to know if you think that the idea is intereting or not, if
you think it's possible to do it and if someone is now doing something
similar.
Thank you very much.
Jose