Re: popup menus, xml merge

I assume Gtk+ could support menu tearoffs generally, but to me
enabling or disabling tearoffs is a policy decision;
it should not be coded into any application but determined
using a global configuration setting, ideally stored in GConf.

Has anyone given any thought to other policy-type settings
that should be determined by a GConf setting?

Colm.