Re: bonobo-media thoughts ...

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:

> I was just curious. Did you think about providing metadata on
> Audio/Video streams as well?
>
> For example, say I need to display the Music Title, or the Artist. It
> would be rather pointless I think to use the Bonobo component for
> playing the audio, but then have to handle my own logic for figuring out
> the metadata.

I'm not fully familiar with PropertyBag yet, but can't we use it for this?
I.e. the component would implement PropertyBag and export some read-only
string properties, with standardized identifiers (like `Author' and
`Title').

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus cactus rulez org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key