Re: CORBA performance - why CORBA

On Monday 10 December, Michael Meeks wrote:

[... losing oneways... ]

> 	Certainly. This tends not to be a problem with Gnome because we
> don't close idle connections. But true, with other ORBs it could be a
> problem.

Another way for oneways to be dropped is if the object is implemented
with a servant locator that throws the ForwardLocation exception to
forward the request to a different object. The client isn't expecting
a reply, so it can't receive the location forward message. The server
has no option but to discard the request.

Again, I suspect that this isn't an issue for Gnome at the moment.

Cheers,

Duncan.