Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core mmclouglin

On 2 Dec 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> There seems to be a _lot_ of confusion going around here, perhaps
> in the terminology of "lightweight"

Lightweight probably should not be really measured in terms of bandwidth
in this day and age, or at least heavily scaled before doing so. On the
other hand, having deep call stacks on simple things (worse, every
call)before the data can be got back/handed over to the OS is only getting
worse over time.

None of this is to say anything about XML based rpc protocols (i never
said they were lightweight, btw.)

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

	Sander

"I don't think there is intelligent life within our solar system"
	-- Brian Behlendorf