GConf trouble again (idle timeout problem ?) .....

Hi guys,

first of all, I added a set of regression tests to bonobo-config
this afternoon. If you update your bonobo-config from CVS, you can
now run a `make check' and it'll run a set of tests.

I wrote the test suite in a way that it'll run the same set of tests
on all the monikers - so we can now test whether bonobo-config actually
behaves the same on different monikers.

Also fixed two bugs in the gconfdb moniker so it actually works now.

However, there's still some strange problem with GConf - to reproduce it,
do the following:

a) bonobo-slay

b) run `make check' in bonobo-config and see that it works.

c) repeat b) as often as you like - the tests always succeed

d) leave your desk to get some coffee, beer or whatever and
   return 5-10 minutes later.

e) repeat b) and see that it fails with a CORBA/COMM_FAILURE
   exception - and if you do a `ps' before running the `make check'
   you'll realize that gconfd isn't running anymore.

Any ideas ?

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)