Re: integrating CORBA services from a GTK_MODULE

Hi Bill,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:
> So far so good... except that the registration call really should
> initiate a callback, and at the moment the GTK_MODULE does not
> initiate a CORBA event loop.  What I'd like to do is somehow hook into
> g_main/gtk_main so that when the main event loop is started by the
> target program, the CORBA event loop is integrated with it (in the
> manner of bonobo_main()).

        I don't quite understand what you want. All CORBA calls currently
listen in two mainloops - and if you are in either you process calls. All
are added by default to the global g_mainloop which Gtk+ also uses to
handle X requests. If you are inside a CORBA method, then you use the
linc_mainloop to stop X / timeouts re-entering during the CORBA method.

        If you are writing your own mainloop, then probably you want to
iterate the linc_mainloop occasionaly to ensure that CORBA things are
processed.

        I hope that helps, but I still don't understand the question.