Re: Dude :-(

Martin,

Sorry for the late reply, just when I tought I will have time to hack, a
nasty illness came over me.

On 8 Aug 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> next time I'm on a masochist trip I'll probably fight against some Cactus ...
>
> I already said a couple of times that I don't like the idea of doing larger
> changes to any module and then immediately freezing.

First of all, the gclosure thing needed to be done, and obviously it
needed to be done before the freeze date. The only thing you can blame me
for is realizing the need to use GClosure late. But this is definitely a
need.
Secondly, it wasn't something sneaked in thru the back door, it was done
with the full knowledge, and support, of the libbonobo maintainer,
Michael.

> Since this is not the first problem with broken marshallers in Cactus's
> closure code - let's make this like in a quiz show: what's broken with
> this code ?

But this was totally uncalled for. It wasn't me who wrote
bonobo_closure_invoke*, in fact, I didn't knew they existed before Michael
pointed me at them.

So I'd really like to know how I became a "bad guy" that needs to be
stoned in public.

> Answer + patch follows tomorrow .....

Eagerly awaiting it,
	Cactus