Re: bonobo-conf cleanup

On 09 Aug 2001 18:39:48 +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having some serious problems with a bonobo-conf component.
> >
> > I currently call bonobo_get_object several times in my component:
> >
> > /* Get a reference to the property bag */
> > bag = bonobo_get_object ("config:/components/scintilla",
> > "Bonobo/PropertyBag", &ev);
> > g_assert (!BONOBO_EX (&ev));
> >
> > Now, as i understand it, i'm supposed to release & unref this
> > Bonobo_PropertyBag when i'm done with it, right?
>
> Sure
>
> > But whenever i do bonobo_object_release_unref (bag, &ev); i get a
> > segfault! (or somewhere further along in my code it segfaults)
>
> Do you aggregate the PropertyBag with another object (you must not
> release it in that case)?

No, i don't do that. I simply get the PropertyBag, use it to get some
values (Bonobo_PropertyBag_getPropertyByName and
Bonobo_Property_getValue) and then release it again. I see very strange
behavior followed by segfaults after this.

Also, with the release_unref method commented out, i still get a crash.
It seems that in some cases, some variables are corrupted.

I could send you some code if that would help you understand the
problems i'm having.

> > Also, what is the proper way to cleanup a Bonobo_Property
>
> Don't know what you mean with cleanup?
> (maybe bonono_object_release_unref())
>
> > and a
> > BonoboArg*?
>
> bonobo_arg_release ();

So after a Bonobo_Property_getValue i need to do a bonobo_arg_release,
correct?

Thanks,

Jeroen