Re: New stable oaf release coming

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
> Subject: New stable oaf release coming
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I think it's about time to do a new stable oaf release (as soon as the
> branch is rolled over to HEAD; in fact I think I'll have to back out
> most of the HEAD changes since a lot are gnome 2 specific).
>
> Does anyone have particular bugs they think really should be fixed for
> this release (or perhaps for the next one after)?
>
> The current open bug list is here:
>
> http://bugzilla.eazel.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=OAF
>
> Also, if there are major bugs you know of that are not in there,
> please file them. For example, Havoc has mentioned some sort of
> problem with multiple gconfd's getting launched in some cases but I
> don't have a good bug report on this, let alone a reproducible case,
> so I can't tell if this is just the user killing oafd but not gconfd,
> or something more sinister.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maciej

oaf_init has to be called before gconf_init. if you do it the other way
around, gconf will start an oafd, and oaf_init will start another one. which
leaves one dangling oafd after the program exits. Look at the code from
encompass-old, dobey applied a patch to it a couple of weeks ago which fixed
this exact issue.

Greetings,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout