Re: source dependencies - a solution.

On Tuesday, August 7, 2001, at 11:09  AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

+ $(libbonobo_src:.c=.lo) : $(CORBA_SOURCE) $(marshal_source)

	Before I was doing:

$(libbonobo_src) : $(CORBA_SOURCE) $(marshal_source)

That's so funny. On my way to buy food for dinner tonight I was thinking about this very thing -- that the target has to be the generated file, not the source file -- and was planning to send you email about it. But is assuming the ".lo" extension completely portable? I thought that libtool abstracted away what the extension is, which was why I had assumed that you couldn't solve it in this way.

    -- Darin