Re: Lease vs. Refs ...

Hi Darin,

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> It's much better to make the orphaned objects go away at the right
> time rather than just the factories, because it not only solves the
> problem of extra processes hanging around forever, but also reclaims
> the memory used by the objects even if the factory is still serving
> other objects.

        Just a quick note on this point - currently the BonoboControls die
if they are unrealized - for some reason [ probably the horribly
convoluted destruction code ] the internal widget is destroyed - but only
if they are remote.

        This needs to be fixed, since we can't re-parent remote
BonoboControls in Bonobo 1.0, so the semantics of this need to be
addressed.