Re: CORBA question

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>
> > I am just trying to explore the possibilities, and I always try to make good
> > interfaces too ;-)
>
> The point I was trying to make is to use CORBA contexts if this is more
> suitable conceptually -- and don't worry about current implementation
> details of the GNOME/C Bonobo implementation such as the CORBA/C mapping
> of contexts.

On the other hand, contexts are more CORBA-specific than most things
you'd find in an IDL file, and won't necessarily work well if Bonobo
becomes more loosely coupled to CORBA. (As with the Bonbobo/UNO work
that Michael has been discussing.)

So, avoiding them in the interfaces you write is probably not a bad
idea.

                                        Owen