GNOME-VFS _above_ Bonobo

Hi,

Michael asked me to dump pending ideas that came up at GUADEC at our
discussions about Bonobo.
One of them is that currenty there is a lot of duplication of code between
monikers and GNOME-VFS. My first idea was a generic gnome-vfs moniker,
that would basically be a single moniker part consisting of a compound
URI, but Michael quickly pointed out the problem with that: you can only
use `filters' like bzip2 or gzip in the first part of your moniker, since
there is no way to really mix the gnome-vfs stuff with the moniker stuff.
So the idea is to move gnome-vfs above bonobo in the dependancy chain and
move the file/uri-based monikers into gnome-vfs.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus cactus rulez org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key