server components

Hi folks.

We've been discussing Corba and Bonobo over on the WorldForge mailing
lists, and it poses some interesting questions. What we are developing
right now is a complex game server for MMORPGs. We'd like to share code
with as many projects as possible, and there's no reason why components
we create won't be useful in gnome applications.

However, our system is not aimed at desktops, but rather server
machines. There is simply no reason for much of the Gnome architecture
to be present. The core ORBit engine and non-graphical components will
be useful, however.

For this reason, I'd like to see the creation of a Gnome independant
collection of components for use in as diverse a range of applications
as possible. I believe Enterprise Java Beans are a similar component
model.

Does this sound sane to everyone?

Thanks,

Oliver White