Re: embedded components and equations

> I've browsed the GNOME site and equation editing within documents is
> mentioned a few times in connection with component development but I
> couldn't find evidence of anyone doing anything about it specifically. If I
> missed it, someone please point me in the right direction. Also, if my
> subject should be posted to a different list, let me know.

Paul, I know that Arturo Tena has been working on eqnedit for some
time.  I sadly do not know the status of the project, but you can find
it on the GNOME CVS as the module eqnedit (http://cvs.gnome.org, click
on lxr).

> To make a practical equation editor component takes a much richer interface
> than this. Before I expand on this at greater length, I want to be sure I'm
> saying it in the right place, it hasn't already been dealt with, and it is
> generally welcome. If any of these is missing, I'll slink off and never be
> heard from again.

You are.  I am sorry for joining this conversation so late, but I just
came back from a two week vacation, and before this we had two of the
most busy weeks around Helix.

miguel.