Re: new UI handler code ...

on 9/6/00 2:56 PM, Miguel de Icaza at miguel helixcode com wrote:

> I feel the same way.  Bonobo has not reached 1.0 to guarantee a compat
> layer.

In theory, I agree completely, and I'd hate to be stuck with compatibility
code from the pre-1.0 period of Bonobo development.

We have a lot of UI-handler-related code in Nautilus, and it has been a
trouble spot -- difficult to get right, and it uncovered a lot of bugs and
missing code in the old UI handler implementation. Since Michael is planning
to make patch for Nautilus and test it, as he promised when we discussed
this a few weeks back, then it will be acceptable in practice too, as far as
Nautilus hackers are concerned. Despite the fact that the new code will take
time to shake out. If Michael wasn't going to do it, it would be a minor
disaster for us.

    -- Darin