Re: Is there an easier way?

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, John Schnittker wrote:

> I just had my first exposure to C code in a Gnome/GTK+ programming
> book. It's a pretty high learning curve just to create an application.
> GCC and Makefiles seem unnecessarily complex IMHO. Will it ever be
> possible to write a componentized GNOME application in BASIC?

There are lots of other language choices besides C (I would recommend
Python, but others such as Perl, Scheme, etc. are also out there) that
have Gnome/GTK+ bindings and might be more appropriate choices for you.

BASIC is a poor choice of a language, no matter how much Microsoft has
pushed it, and while there might be bindings out there for it, you'll be a
lot better off in the long run using another language :)
-- Elliot
Redirected to gnome-devel-list, since this has nothing to do with
components per se.