Re: ui.xml question

Title: Re: ui.xml question
on 10/31/00 6:52 AM, Dietmar Maurer at dietmar maurer-it com wrote:

Why is the verb always set to the empty string?

<menuitem name="FileNew" verb="" _label="_New"/>

Setting the verb to the empty string is an abbreviation for making the verb name identical to the menuitem name ("FileNew"). Leaving the verb attribute out entirely means something different (no verb at all).

I was surprised to see that this is not already discussed in doc/ui-faq.txt or doc/ui-xml.txt. I'll put something in there about this.

John