Re: accel should be _accel in UI XML files

Hi Darin,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Darin Adler wrote:
> Keyboard accelerators have to be translated along with the wording of
> menu item. Some of them might stay the same, but some might have to
> change.

	Strange, I have never considered this before. Kjartan can you
verify whether we have translated K/B shortcuts before ?

	I just ran gmc in spanish and got:

		Cerrar Ventana       Ctrl+W

	Hmm; so I suppose we could translate these, of course to a certain
extent we are helped by the _File accelerateor naming scheme that makes
menu navigation translatable.

	So; are foreign people just used to wierd keybindings ?

> So we should change "accel" to "_accel" in Bonobo UI XML files.
> There's no big hurry to make this change, but if we don't I think
> we'll regret it.

	We could, indeed.

> The downside of this is that due to the way the gettext framework
> works, you have to change all accelerators that use the same key
> combination en masse. So maybe it's not a good idea.

	True enough, we could easily add an extra control character into
the string so we could disambiguate ( if the problem ever arises ):

	*Control*q-exit		or something

	Easy enough, but is it needed ? Kjartan, time to speak out ...