Re: Property bag / Evolution breakage

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> -       g_return_if_fail (prop->type != value->_type);
> +       g_return_if_fail (prop->type == value->_type);
>
>         prop->set_prop (pb, value, prop->idx, prop->user_data);
>
> that seems to break all of Evolution's components because their URIs
> are set via property bags.  I don't know if the old code worked purely
> by chance:  in the context of property bags, can you compare typecodes
> purely by pointers to them?

Interesting bug.  The basic types were broken by != since they are
declared in ORBit so the pointer is equal.  For user defined typecodes
that obviously isn't guaranteed.

Comparing type->kind doesn't get us much closer because of the struct
and sequence types.  Do we need a type equality function in ORBit?

Mike