Re: Getting rid of a Control ?

Hi Martin,

On 19 Oct 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:
> maybe I'm just either too stupid or too tired, but what's the
> correct way to get rid of a Control (in the container) when you're
> done using it ?

        You should just destroy the container and everything goes away;
the lifecycle of the Control should be coupled to the plug / socket. Last
time I had a drive on reference counting issues it worked fine.

> I have been debugging this for almost two hours now, but I simply
> can't find out why it is not dropping the last reference on the
> component side (so the "destroy" handler of the BonoboControl will
> be run in the component).

        I wrote a load of code to help debug this sort of problem; I'm
looking at it here; if you turn on BONOBO_REF_HOOKS in bonobo then you
will get some ( hopefully ) helpful printouts on ref / unref.