Re: BonoboZoomable - BonoboZoomLevel

Hi Martin,

On 18 Oct 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Hmm, in my latest draft this is even more broken - it simply assumes
> that the component supports continuous zooming if you use the simple
> bonobo_zoomable_set_parameters() function:

        Yes this is clearly neccessary; many components will support
continuous zooming, just as a simply by-product of how the rendering must
be constructed to support any sort of zoom.

        I am interested in making the common case simple.

> IMO it'd be better not to split it up; it's really not so complex to do
>
> bonobo_zoomable_set_parameters (zoomable, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, FALSE, FALSE,
>                                 TRUE, NULL, NULL, 0);

        I think it is far better to provide a _full version and a simple
version. However non-difficult it is to add 'TRUE, NULL, NULL, 0' to a
function, you still have to worry about it and check it this is clearly
far less stressful:

 bonobo_zoomable_set_parameters (zoomable, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, FALSE, FALSE);

> if the component supports continuous zooming, but it won't break in
> the other case.

        I really think continuous zooming will be the common case and I
would like to make it easy; please commit the _full version.

        Thanks,