Re: please read: storage interface

ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >                const OpenMode COMPRESSED  = 16; /* try to compress */
>
> Shouldn't this be a feature private to the Storage implementation?

No, only the application knows if it makes sense to compress data
(for example it makes no sense to compress a jpeg file).
It is also not possible to randomly access compressed files (no seeks).
So I think the best is to let the application decide if a file is allowed
to be compressed, which implies that random access is impossible.

Regards,

    Dietmar