Re: oafd / libpopt

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Lutz Müller wrote:
>
> > Sorry to bother you with that question:
> >
> > Do you know where I can get a shared version of libpopt? (no deb, no
> > rpm)
>
> The version of popt included with Red Hat Linux 7.0 works for sure. You
> can also just download the popt 1.4 release... (I don't really know WHERE
> to download it from, alas.)

Sorry, this should say 'popt 1.5 or 1.6' rather than 'popt 1.4'. I
believe that version 1.5 was the first to build a shared library.

-- Elliot
"The Pythagorean Theorem employed 24 words, the Lord's Prayer has 66 words,
Archimedes Principle has 67 words, the 10 Commandments have 179 words, the
Gettysburg Address had 286 words, the Declaration of Independence, 1,300 words and
finally the European Commission's regulation on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words."