Re: About PropertyBag and Properties.

Hi,

>As stated in /bonobo/doc/properties.txt (or was it someone else told me) that
>Properties and PropertyBag is like a workaround to specifying the attributes
>of your control/component in the IDL file. So what are the advantages, and
>disadvantages of using PropertyBags as compared to the regular way of
>specifying the attributes in the IDL file and making the regular functions.

in the OpenOffice API we use XPropertySets (similar concept) and properties for non-structural data members and get/set methods for structural members. Non-structural members are for example the color or the font to use.

These tend to change frequently (mostly adding), so that for each attribute an owne interface would be needed.

    Michael