Re: About PropertyBag and Properties.

> As stated in /bonobo/doc/properties.txt (or was it someone else told me) that
> Properties and PropertyBag is like a workaround to specifying the attributes
> of your control/component in the IDL file. So what are the advantages, and
> disadvantages of using PropertyBags as compared to the regular way of
> specifying the attributes in the IDL file and making the regular functions.

There are various uses:

	* It is a generic interface that can be used by tools that
          know nothing about your component, the only thing they know
          is that they can manipulate Properties.

	  (GUI designers, Registry editors).

	* Properties provide inline documentation for each property.

	* Properties store the default value, and current value.

	* Properties can have listeners attached to them.

	* Properties can be used to hydrate a component or to save the
	  state of a component by having a generic store facility for
	  Anys, without knowing anythhing about the interfaces support
	  for a component.

Best wishes,
Miguel.