Re: one more stupid patch.

Hi,

On 22 Nov 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com> writes:
> > may I commit ?
>
> You should also add the magic to suppress generation of real stubs and
> skeletons in generated files (#pragma inhibit and all) so if you
> include one of these IDL files directly you don't get linker problems.

        Why then are you compiling the IDL if you are going to link
against the shared stubs and skels in libbonobo directly anyway ? I can
only see this patch as being helpful ( perhaps ) for scripting languages,
where one needs to parse the IDL file; is this what the patch is intended
for Mathieu ?

        If it is for a speedup, I think orbit-idl is one extremely fast
part of the build system;

        Not that the patch isn't nice, but what are you trying to achieve?