Re: Oaf IDL re-structuring ...

On 20 Nov 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I agree with Elliot that Bonobo::ObjectFactory is not a good name, but
> GNOME::OAF::ObjectFactory would be fine with me; OAF may not be
> gnome-dependent really, but we can't just go on eating endless bits of
> namespace.

Why not?

. We are already using the 'OAF' namespace for the internal OAF IDL
. It is not like we will suddenly run out of namespace anytime soon.

If we were going to start grouping everything under a single namespace, it
should be under 'GNU' or something slightly more generic - GNU::GNOME,
GNU::Bonobo, GNU::OAF, etc. etc.

Just MHO,
-- Elliot
"The Pythagorean Theorem employed 24 words, the Lord's Prayer has 66 words,
Archimedes Principle has 67 words, the 10 Commandments have 179 words, the
Gettysburg Address had 286 words, the Declaration of Independence, 1,300 words and
finally the European Commission's regulation on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words."