Re: Interface introspection

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:

> I suggest reading chapters 1 and 2 of Essential COM before you
> suggest changing fundamental parts of the component model.

Mathieu pointed out to me that this part of my mail may have sounded
really mean and bitchy. I apologize for that, and I didn't really mean
it that way. The reason I recommend that particular part of Essential
COM is that it explains really well why IUnknown in COM has only the
three operations it does, and no more. I think it's a good idea to
understand that really well when suggesting changes to the basic
operation set, so we can clearly understand what tradeoff we'd be
making.

Personally I think the best reason to leave Bonobo::Unknown alone is
that it will be so familiar to legions of COM programmers, and it's
field-tested and proven as a well balanced fundamental model.

Again, apologies if I came off as mean, I honestly only meant to
suggest some helpful reading mateiral.

Regards,

Maciej