Re: Oaf names & file structure - ?

hi michael,

>         Well; I am most curious about this per application selection of
> default components. Can we not build in a tool to tweak oaf to have a
> default order of query results per application ? either way; while I agree
> that capability based application is a nice thing in every respect, I
> think demanding a specific ( standard ) component can in some
> circumstances be the right thing to do. Eg.

gnome-vfs provides a way to pick up the prefered component among all the available ones.

In fact, this is how nautilus stores this kind of data.
The new mime capplet in gnome-vfs alllow users to pick up their prefered components.

gnome-vfs-mime-handlers.h

I would be happy to discuss this with you in more details if you want
but you can have a look at gnome-vfs.keys which will give you a good idea
of how all this is working.

regards,
Mathieu