Re: Namespacing issues ...

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 07:39:49PM -0500, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, George wrote:
> > I think perhaps some sort of a "database" should be kept.  Perhaps not
> > requiring to register namespace names, but it would serve as a way for
> > people to find if a name is already taken or not.
>
>         See bonobo/doc/NAMESPACE ( now updated on the basis of various
> peoples comments ).

Coolness.  Actually we forgot the most classical CORBA usage of them all.
Panel.

Currently the panel stuck it's interfaces directly in the GNOME module.
These are:

  Panel
  Panel2 (in 1.4 or HEAD)
  PanelSpot
  Applet
  StatusSpot

These are to be all deprecated in the land of 2.0 since we need to switch to
bonobo.

I suppose for 2.0 we should do get a new "subdomain" called Vertigo, or
whatever (I don't want to call it Panel because of conflicts as both 1.x
and 2.x versions could be installed at the same time I suppose).  Thus I'd
add

  Vertigo/	Panel 2.0	jirka 5z com, jacob helixcode com

Jacob?

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.