Re: [Evolution] Problem installing Oaf

Hi all,

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Darin Adler wrote:
> > But I'm still getting some failures; I'll take a look in a sec.
>
> Part of the problem is that "make check" tests are supposed to work
> *without* installing. Systems like our Tinderbox depend on that.
> Perhaps we need to change these tests to work some other way.

        I just committed some autoconf fiddling that allows it to work
without installing the broken.oafinfo file. However, it is still
imperative to kill oafd before running the tests.

        There is very little I can do about the need to kill an old oafd
before running the tests; we need a fresh oafd to be started in this
directory to be able to execute the oaf-empty-server which is used in the
test.

        It might be feasible to solve the problem in this way:

        * add $(top_builddir)/oafd to the path in tests/Makefile.am

        * add a 'kill yourself' API to oaf; so we can shutdown any running
oafd and force a re-spawn of a new one in a portable way.

        Sadly killall is fully non-standard across unixes, so we can't
hope to just do an oaf-slay before running oaf-test-client.

        So; you still have to do that manualy.