Keyboard Shortcut to Hide the Panel?

I'm hoping that:
a) this isn't a FAQ - I checked as many other relavent places as I
could first
b) this is an appropriate list for my question

Can I make a keyboard shortcut to show and hide the GNOME panel? I
tried auto-hide, but I have the mouse resistance at the edge of my
multiple desktops set up, so when I go to point at the panel to show
it, I pop into a different desktop. What I would prefer is a way to
show or hide it from the keyboard, which would work the same as
clicking the show/hide arrows. Can I do this?

--
Owen B. Mehegan (omehegan@lynx.dac.neu.edu)
http://www.nerdnetworks.org