Re: Proposal: Ref Counting Conventions

> Whatever their faults may be, Microsoft has deployed many more
> components into production use than all of use here put
> together. While we should not follow what they do blindly, we should
> at least look closely at their reasoning before we dismiss it.

I just checked the rules for Reference Counting on the Microsoft OLE
Programmer's Reference, page 191 and 192, and no mention to this
broken behaviour exists for inout parameters.

So Microsoft and I were right ;-).

> BTW, I find it really bizzare that I am defending a Microsoft practice
> to Miguel here. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Has the
> whole world gone mad? :-)

Hey hey hey there.  We were right.  I do not know where you pulled
this card, but it was not from the documentation.

Miguel.