Re: View Frame Patch

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the purpose of this patch.  Can you show
> me a sample usage scenario?

One scenario I had in mind was the Sorting View in Achtung.  The view
consists of a scrollable window filled with BonoboViewFrames, one for
each slide in the slideshow.  When the user clicks on a viewframe, we
need to highlight the slide and set the current slide in the view
object.

I could see a similar situation for when we embed graphs, grids and
images onto slides.  When the user single-clicks on the viewframe for a
dia diagram, we will want to react by putting resizing handles on the
image for the user to grab and drag.

I know this can be accomplished by attaching to the button_press_event
signal of the wrapper widget, but so can user_activate and user_context,
which have been encapsulated in the viewframe with their own signals.  I
proposed this patch for consistency of handling clicks on a viewframe.

Mike