Re: oaf patch for bug 1703

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> Mathieu Lacage <mathieu@eazel.com> writes:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > Now, I submit patches :)
> >
> > http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/gnome/hacks/oaf_patch
> >
> > if no comments, applied in 1 or 2 days.
> >

> Some comments on the patch:
>
> 1) The default oaf-config.xml file should not hard-code a set of
>    locations; instead it should be generated by configure from
>    oaf-config.xml.in to include dirs appropriate to the prefix oaf
>    gets installed in.

oaf already checks the prefix it was installed in.
This was merely a way to give users a sample config file which
does not harm.

> 2) What environment variables get checked should be set by the config
>    file, not hard coded.

It is not trivial since the GNOME_PATH env var and the OAF_INFO_PATH
env var do not have the same syntax at all: I would need:

<oafconfig>

<searchpath>
	<envvar type="standard">OAF_INFO_PATH</envvar type="standard">
	<envvar type="standard">OAFINFODIR</envvar type="standard">
	<envvar type="gnome">GNOME_PATH</envvar type="standard">
	<directory>/opt/gnome/share/oaf</directory>
</searchpath>

</oafconfig>

However, the above seems definitely overkill to me.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu@eazel.com>