Re: gettext domain(s) and Bonobo

Hi Nat,

	I take all your points which are extremely reasonable.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Nat Friedman wrote:
>  > 	d) Let components embed their toolbars via controls ( which would
>  > contain a few of the standard GnomeToolbarItems BTW ).
>
>     We have gone down this road before!  I even wrote the code once,
> and threw it away.  Please read over the archives of
> gnome-components-list where this was discussed.
>
>     Sure, it is easy to embed your toolbars via controls, and sure, it
> does obviate large sections of the GnomeUIHandler code.  But it also
> removes functionality; namely, embedded components will no longer have
> the ability to embed toolbar items in pre-existing toolbars.  And the
> reason that we decided not to go down that route was that we wanted to
> keep that functionality around.

	So the issue is that we can't just whack toolbar items into
pre-existing toolbars ( ones with no additional bonobo support code ) ?
Currently the menus are all done differently for the bonobo case, so why
should changing the toolbar init. code be a problem. Clearly this would
have to be done if we want to re-write the toolbar widget ( which is
neccessary anyway if we go this way ). Once we control toolbar creation we
can whack a control anywhere we wish ( and very very trivialy with the new
gnome_bonobo_widget stuff ).

	However, I suspect the menu stuff should stay. Either way it is
extremely anonying that I don't have a clear 64 hour run to hack up an
alternative so it won't get done.