Re: vepv & multiple implementations.

Hello again,

On 28 Dec 2000, monkeyiq wrote:
>    I have been looking at my problem from before (having many idl
> functions that have the same name but are in different interfaces),
> and I think I have seen a new manifestation of this.

        Wierd; this would be a very nasty ORBit bug if it indeed exists.

>                       Witme_DirViewLayout dvl;

        Can you add here:

        g_assert (CORBA_Object_is_a (ui_container,
                  "IDL:Witme/DirViewLayout:1.0", &ev));

        I suspect you have a handle to the wrong object.

>                       dvl = bonobo_object_corba_objref (BONOBO_OBJECT
(server));
>                       Witme_DirViewLayout_layout( dvl, ol,
>                               bonobo_object_corba_objref(

bonobo_object_from_servant(servant)),
>                               &ev );
>
> It uses the correct setup() singletons in the activate() call (I print
> the uuid at times). But the stub seems to dispatch to the wrong
> component! It doesn't do anything nasty because the component is
> stateless so calling a different component that implements the same
> interface is ok, it just has the wrong layout...

        Hmm; are you sure that you don't have a stale version of your
component lying around in memory ? you need to continualy check that the
correct process is being executed and that new processes are killing
themselves after use: use oaf-slay to kill every running component.

> Once again I was wondering if anyone has hit this one before, and
> maybe can point me at a few possibles... I even changed the oafid to
> be witme_dirViewLayout2 instead of witme_dirViewLayout, and the uuids
> are very different... it *seems* that oaf is activating the correct
> object, from my debug msgs, but the stub is not demuxing to the
> correct idl implementation.

        Of course; oaf will only activate the installed component, so
instead you probably want to be doing an oaf-slay, running the component
yourself with all the advantages of libtool from the development
directory; waiting till it is all running and registered, and then running
your container app.