Re: the GNORBA library

On 19 Dec 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> This brings up the interesting case of shlib CORBA objects. I think we
> may need an out-of-process proxy which could activate and host shlib
> objects for bridge purposes; this will also be useful for language
> bindings and things like Bonobo<-->KParts or Bonobo<-->XPCOM bridges.
>
> Elliot mentioned something about this being way too hard in a stray
> comment in OAF, but it seems quite doable to me.

GOAD had something like this (loadshlib utility). I think it might be
harder to do something like this for OAF, but still a good idea and
doable.

I don't remember what I said earlier. It may have been in a different
context, or maybe I'm just forgetful.

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.