Re: the GNORBA library

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 04:50:24PM +0000, Joerg Budischewski wrote:
> >         For the next stable release: Gnome 1.4; currently edging towards
> > release, due in Jan / Feb we will start using CORBA seriously. This will
> > co-incide with the introduction of OAF ( which is now in a freeze for
> > Gnome 1.4 ). Consequently the correct choice of activation framework,
> > pretty much whatever the question, is OAF. Nothing except the Panel uses
> > gnorba any more, ie. evolution, nautillus, gtkhtml, gnumeric,
> > guppi3, eog, gnome-db, sodipodi, glade, libglade etc. use _only_
> > OAF. Furthremore OAF fixes multitudinous brokenness and limitation in
> > gnorba. Please target OAF.
> Yes, the oaf seems to be exactly what I wanted to have. Wether we want to
> support gnorba or not will be probably a decision of product management.

You should also note that the panel uses gnorba simply for backwards
compatibility, and in fact gnorba is no longer even included in the
developlent 2.0 platform gnome-libs, and thus will not be supported at all
for the 2.0 platform, meaning that the use of gnorba will become pretty much
impossible sometime during 2001.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest