Re: can't build bonobo HEAD with any cvs ORBit

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Darin Adler wrote:
> The reason I didn't list this idea is that it requires that every
> Nautilus hacker do this locally and also won't fix the Eazel
> Tinderbox.

        This was unfortunately true.

> (Given the remarks in bonobo/configure.in -- "It appears that as yet
> Elliot has not released this version of ORBit." -- perhaps I have just
> run into the middle of a disagreement between Elliot and Michael about
> ORBit releases?)

        We disagree but not very seriously. The problem is that Elliot
didn't want to release a new ORBit, I'm sure he will correct me but these
I think were they:

        * It's not good to release too often
        * ORBit might still have bugs in it

        Since the latter is certainly true of bonobo without the ORB
fixes, and since I don't like knowingly releasing pre-broken software,
and since I hoped there was a chance that Elliot would do a release for us
to solve this issue, I released in expectation of an new ORBit, which it
seems has not appeared.