Re: More Canvas Item and UI comments

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Darin Adler wrote:
> If you're referring to nautilus-bonobo-extensions.h here, you should
> know that the Nautilus team would *love* it if you would be willing to
> put some or all of the functions in there into bonobo.

        Great; that's really good news, can you post another of those
licence change notices to LGPL for that code fragment ?

> I assumed that you were not interested -- API freeze and all -- and
> it's considerable work to negotiate about such things.

        Changing existing API / behavior in the area of the UI is
extremely sensitive, clearly, we want to make every effort to avoid that
wherever possible. However, adding a generaly useful, wrapper API seems
entirely reasonable to me. Do you object ? it seems that people want it.

> We are careful to keep such APIs in a place that makes it clear they
> are "suitable for inclusion in bonobo" from our point of view. That's
> the nature of our nautilus-xxx-extensions.h headers. We have them for
> virtually every underlying package, including gtk, gdk, gdk-pixbuf,
> gnome-libs, etc.

        Great; it sounds like Mike could do the work to rename it and
integrate it; is that so Mike ?