Re: tear-off menu items in submenus of pop-up menus

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Darin Adler wrote:
> Bonobo is creating tear-off menu items for submenus of pop-ups. There
> aren't any tear-offs at the top level of the pop-ups. Michael, do you
> have any good ideas on a simple way to fix this? I'd be happy to work
> on a patch, I just wanted to see if you had any direction you wanted
> to give me before I start looking into it.

        Interesting one; in the menu shell case it's easy since we create
the widget ourself to control it's lifecycle correctly. Anyway, what seems
the most obvious place to me is in bonobo_window_add_popup we prepend the
tearoff;

        That would seem to suggest that we need to add a guard against
people adding the same popup twice as this will cause untold grief (
although in fact this is already true ), so a brief pre-check on the popup
list for the same widget would be most useful

        How does that sound ?