Re: Dumb moniker questions (was Re: Bonobo dependencies ...)

> >  2) Can I refer to an HTML NAME using '#'?
> >
> > 	http://www.foo.com/gnu-tools.html#ls
>
> It is an implementation detail, but my current take is that the '#'
> inside the http moniker could trigger a moniker that would connect a
> stream on the left hand side to a DOM interface on the right hand.
>
> So, yes, it is possible to get that behaviour, but the code does not
> exist yet.
>
> It could also be triggered only with a double ##.

Right now we also use the bang for seperating them, but I never cared much
for this approach, but Miguel and I were sort of out of possible
delimiters. My opinion is that using the octothorpe for accessing anchors
in the HTML should be escaped somehow, so you could do:

http://www.foo.com/stuff.html\#anchor1
or
http://www.foo.com/compress.html.gz#gzip:

> If the '#' addressing is important, we could make ## be the character
> for moniker composition in the http moniker.

It should really be consistent across all the monikers, I think, so
octothorpes within the moniker itself should be escaped, IMO.

Joe