Re: gnome-vfs dependency for bonobo (was gnome_mime vs. gnome_vfs_mime)

> Miguel's proposal that we have Bonobo use the old deprecated MIME code
> (currently used only by gmc) -- Why not? It's there.:

The code that adds the dependency lives fully in an experimental part
of bonobo: the moniker code.  It is experimental, and I see no reason
why I need to add a dependency on this experimental code.

In a few words: the moniker handler code is still experimental.

> This kind of duplication and lack of code sharing is the sort of thing
> Miguel normally speaks out against -- I remember it from his "Unix sucks"
> speech. For some reason, in this case, he's not worried about the
> duplication.

The code is already there, and I do not care to make the experimental
moniker handler code correct, because it is still experimental.  You
have made enough noise now that I am sure I will remember when it goes
`production' to make sure to use the right api.

But so far, the code is, well, experimental.

Miguel.